Since the pandemic, LCA pivoted from a one-day Career Exploration event to a six-month virtual Career Exploration/Career Incubator Academy on Zoom on the second Tuesday of each month from 12 noon – 3 pm PT.
During our six-month LCA cohort that starts with the launch of ReelAbilities Film Festival NY (April – October) and ReelAbilities Film Festival Los Angeles (October – April), there are several significant opportunities for corporate executive engagement and collaborative synergy.
Months 1 – 3:
Career Exploration includes informational workshops and panels
– Economic Empowerment/Financial Literacy – Working While Not Jeopardizing Disability Benefits
– Self-Identification: How to Leverage Your Disability to Sharpen Your Competitive Edge
– You are your Verbs: Showcasing Your Talent, Building Your Living Portfolio
– Networking: Expanding Your Professional Network
– How to Make it in the Media (for those who want to work at companies)
– Disability Narrative Imperative (for entrepreneurial filmmakers and storytellers)